Saturday, October 27, 2007

Back to Work

I started back to work on the 1st of October after almost two months maternity leave. The two months went by awfully fast and it would have been very hard to go back if I couldn't take Kenley with me. Luckily I work in an office of women (there is one man, but no one pays any attention to him) and they all love having Kenley there. Robyn is the other secretary, she has 2 little boys and she supplies the equipment - the swing and the play gym. Tracey, one of the attorneys, doesn't have any children and thinks of Kenley as her own. She calls her "my baby" and is teaching her to say "T-T-T-Tracey." She also threatened legal action when I told her that we would be moving the end of February. She doesn't want the baby to go. The other women stop by to say hi and to watch her all day long. Even Dave (the man) is starting to come around to the idea of an office baby (though it is slow progress with him).




Kenley usually does pretty good. She is a happy baby and only gets fussy when she is hungry. Then I just take a break and go chat with Tracey in her office while I nurse. Most days Matt comes and picks Kenley up after he is done with class. They go home and he tries to use the afternoon to get stuff done, but usually ends up holding her all afternoon. He needs to learn to multi-task. But to be fair, after being at the office all morning, Kenley does want a little more attention spent just on her. The days she stays will me all day, by 3:30 pm she has been good all day and is ready to go home and just have the focus of mom on her. All in all it is working well and we just have a little while longer to go.








And I did get a smile!

No comments: