Friday, October 10, 2008

Time to Play Catchup!

Labor Day weekend, we decided to go to the coast. It was 95 degrees everywhere else, but as soon as we hit the beach, it was 60 degrees and so foggy we couldn't see the ocean. The sweatshirt and jacket Matt and I are wearing were acquired at a store up the road from the beach for $5. Luckily we had brought a sweatshirt for Kenley, but we didn't stay long.

Kenley still enjoyed the beach, as always.


Riding a tractor at the Kitsap County Fair

Getting ready for Halloween.

The pictures aren't in order, but I figured out that when I move the pictures around in the blog, that makes it so you can't enlarge the picture. So I had already posted the birthday pictures and I can't get the new pictures I post to appear after the first pictures, without moving them. So sorry for the weirdness, but Kenley's birthday from August follows...

We last left off just before Kenley's big FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! It was just a small gathering of family and Mikyn's friend, Alyshia, who desperately wants to be a Rehder. We had dinner (a fabulous dinner cooked by Regen, who's kabobs were mouthwateringly delicious and just as an aside, grilled mango is to die for). Regen also made a gorgeous butterfly cake (as in it was decorated as a butterfly, the cake wasn't made of butterflies) for the special birthday girl. Kenley looked especially cute in her princess crown. She had so much fun opening all her presents and she loved eating her cake.